Mental Health Resources in the Philadelphia and Main Line Area
In Cases of Emergency – Dial 911
For urgent issues, Philadelphia has 24-hour Crisis Response Centers (CRCs).
Information can be found at DBHIDS or by calling 215-686-4420. The Philadelphia Mobile Treatment team can be reached at 215-685-6440. If any of these numbers do not work, call 911.
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment Hotline — 1-800-662-HELP
- National Child Abuse Hotline — 1-800-4-A-CHILD
- National Domestic Violence Hotline — 1-800-799-7233
- National Suicide Hotline — 1-800-784-2433
Support for Patients and Family Members
Mood Disorders, Anxiety & ADHD:
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) — www.nami.org
- Patient and Family Support and Education
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America — www.adaa.org
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance — www.dbsalliance.org
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention — www.afsp.org
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association — www.add.org
- Alcoholics Anonymous — www.aa.org
Find a meeting in the Philadelphia Area: www.sepennaa.com (215) 923- 7900
- Al-Anon — www.al-anon.org
Friends and Families of Problem Drinkers find understanding and support
Find a meeting in the Philadelphia area: click the above link or call 1-888-425-2666
- Narcotics Anonymous — www.na.org
Find a meeting in the Philadelphia area: click the above link or call (215) 629-6757
- Nar-Anon — www.Nar-Anon.org
Friends and families of substance users find understanding and support
Find a meeting in the Philadelphia area: click the above link or call 1-800-477-6291
Finding a Mental Health Provider
- Buprenorphine Treatment Physician Locator – A search engine where individuals can find physicians who treat opiate dependence and have the ability to prescribe Buprenorphine / Suboxone.
- Local Hospitals – Ask for the Department of Psychiatry, if they are taking new patients or have recommendations for providers. They often keep lists of providers who accept insurance in the area.
- Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania — (215) 662-4000
- Johns Hopkins Hospital — (410) 955-5000
- Temple University Hospital — (215) 707-2000
- Thomas Jefferson University — (215) 955-6000